View Single Post
Old 23.07.2018, 12:43
Forum Legend

Groaned at 92 Times in 86 Posts
Thanked 9,954 Times in 4,476 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I suspect you don't frequently fly between Schengen countries, however there is no passport control & passports are not scanned. Passports are sometimes required to board planes but not all the time when flying from CH, DE, FR, IT & MT from personal experience.
I do fly frequently between Schengen countries and just in the last few months, I've had to show my passport on these flights:

Flight No.: EW 9789
Flight: Zurich - Dusseldorf
Date: 04-25-2018 16:05

TUI Stuttgart to Kos - 4 July 2018
Aegean Athens to Zurich - 8 July 2018

With the TUI flight, it was originally scheduled to depart from Basel, but the flight went tech before boarding and all the passengers had to bussed over to Stuttgart. We had to go through passport control to get outside to the the waiting coaches, even though we hadn't left the airport. Luckily, we were allowed to queue jump to make it out the coaches in time.

But the one that surprised me the most was:

Olympic Kos to Athens - 5 July 2018.
Yes...A domestic Greek flight performed a passport check. There was something going on that day because all the flights were being delayed owing to passport / ID checks, and part of the airport was closed off due to heightened security surrounding an El Al flight.