View Single Post
Old 21.08.2008, 10:03
macunaima macunaima is offline
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: australia
Posts: 6
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
macunaima has no particular reputation at present
Re: Paid & Volunteer work as a dependant of a Non EU B permit holder

View Post
She will have the right to work- permit must be applied for by employer.
May I ask what do you mean by that? Let me explain why:

Here in Australia we both live under a work permit (subclass 457). I'm connected to an employer while she can work wherever she wants. That's great since she is a professional make-up artist, and this is the kind of job that doesn't usually open a lot of ports in terms of immigration.

So when you say "permit must be applied for by the employer", does it means that she will have to apply for a complete different work permit, on her own, including the need to the employer to evidence its incapacity of finding a CH or EU national to fill the position?

View Post
In her case, yes.
Ok. I got a little bit confused on this. If she establishes a sole trader company, could she work independently then, without the need for a work permit?

View Post
In her case, no.
Great! BTW, do you know any references of volunteer work brokering organizations? She has long experience working with children afflicted by cancer and reasonable experience with children with a cerebral palsy condition.

I thank you again for the answers provided
Reply With Quote