View Single Post
Old 31.07.2018, 12:22
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 77 Times in 59 Posts
Thanked 3,225 Times in 1,406 Posts
esto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
Had you read the article, it makes it clear that his parents had nothing to do with his radicalisation (except perhaps they were refugees and therefore placed in a poor, disaffected housing estate), but that it was a group of local men from a notorious nearby mosque who recruited and radicalised him.

It seems to me his parents legitimately came over, fleeing the Gaddafi regime, so trying to deligitimise their asylum is a bit poor really. The kid was born in the UK, went to school in the UK and fell into the wrong crowd (who security services knew about, incidentally), so let's not pretend it was to do with his parents' refugee status.
I was pointing out that he was a product of mass migration from Muslim countries into the UK. Same as the fellows at the Mosque who recruited him, I would assume. Or should we just pretend and ignore this problem exists out of fear of being labeled "islamophobe" or whatever?

Quote:
View Post
Allowing ghettos to form at the edge of society does make people associate with some other things or places than where they live.

Isolate or exclude certain groups, telling them all the time they're bad, bad, bad....and, voila.
Right, it's the UK's fault. They invited them in, but didn't give them the wonderful life they expected, so of course they then get angry and turn to religious violence.