View Single Post
Old 02.08.2018, 09:07
modified, reprogrammed and doctored

Groaned at 199 Times in 156 Posts
Thanked 15,557 Times in 7,913 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Only that EE benefitted from very rigorous education, especially in engineering (1). The newer sources of cheap labour don't really match that.

In other words, the pyramid scheme that tries to keep production costs down by continuously finding new sources of people willing to be exploited is going to run out of steam.

(1) My dad used to tell me the EE engineering textbooks were the best by miles and recommended that I learn at least one EE language just to read them.
Yep. Engineering, medicine, pedagogy, sciences, philo, languages, technical stuff...pretty much all fields. It is still this way. Rigor doesn't get replaced by momentary fashion. People are inhaling books to get autonomous and self reliant. But not with the vision of having to deroot when you get your degree or certif.

How's yer EE language learning?

Last edited by MusicChick; 02.08.2018 at 11:25.