View Single Post
Old 08.08.2018, 08:45
Forum Legend

Groaned at 271 Times in 220 Posts
Thanked 11,316 Times in 6,002 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

So back to Brexit because I think some will never understand my point....what happened? A couple of years ago most people here were pretty favourable to it and were sick of EU. Is losing all these privileges not all of us have by virtue of being an EU citizen such a scary perspective? Why?

You either get your Swiss citizenship if you want to stay here for the rest of your life or get back to your home country when you don't have a job anymore due to retirement or unemployment or whatever.
Now I get it that we all have kids or families and if they'll probably (naturally) choose CH over our home countries we'd like to stick around for them, but then again, everybody can travel relatively easily these days. EU didn't help me to get here, and it will definitely not be a reason to stay here.

It's very confusing. What happened? I don't mean parnell and loz who should first check their facts. It was a general atmosphere.

Last edited by greenmount; 08.08.2018 at 09:06.