View Single Post
Old 08.08.2018, 09:13
modified, reprogrammed and doctored˛

Groaned at 359 Times in 246 Posts
Thanked 19,161 Times in 9,996 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
So back to Brexit because I think some will never understand my point....what happened? A couple of years ago most people here were pretty favourable to it and were sick of EU. Is losing all these privileges not all of us have by virtue of being an EU citizen such a scary perspective? Why?

You either get your Swiss citizenship if you want to stay here for the rest of your life or get back to your home country when you don't have a job anymore due to retirement or unemployment or whatever.
Now I get it that we all have kids or families and if they'll probably (naturally) choose CH over our home countries we'd like to stick around for them, but then again, everybody can travel relatively easily these days. EU didn't help me to get here, and it will definitely not be a reason to stay here.

It's very confusing. What happened? I don't mean parnell and loz who should first check their facts. It was a general atmosphere.
Why pick out loz and parnell? Minority opinion holders need stricter standards? I think anyone should be able to post their opinion without having to "support" their opinions with complicated links or quickly googled (dubious) stats. I am glad that marton is toning down his quest for links.

What changed.. I often ask myself, how quickly popular opinions meander or even contradict themselves within threads, it is interesting.

I keep thinking about May's quiet meetings she just had with individual EU heads of states. Why the tour? What plea was she bringing them from the UK?