View Single Post
Old 08.08.2018, 10:17
modified, reprogrammed and doctored˛

Groaned at 358 Times in 246 Posts
Thanked 19,157 Times in 9,994 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
You're right, I shouldn't pick on them. What I really meant was that I know very well their opinions. And the ones of a few others too.

I'm more interested now in finding out why is this still a topic since at least to me things are clear - vox populis, vox dei...it won't affect anyone already here (most probably) and I don't understand the sudden support for EU. There were a few supportive voices before but now it looks like EU has gained more support once the membership is over or close to. I don't get it.
Uncertainty? Russia?

I don't really know.. Well, independent states with local governments are more transparent, people more accountable.

It really is a bit same ol' for V4, crappy before the EU and only marginally less crappy with the EU. I think new members want more autonomy, old members don't want to lose globalized markets/cheap labor. The truth is, V4 nor Bulg, Romania and other states might never be considered equal in debates.
This user would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post: