View Single Post
Old 08.08.2018, 10:32
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 183 Times in 131 Posts
Thanked 2,771 Times in 1,281 Posts
TobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
You're right, I shouldn't pick on them. What I really meant was that I know very well their opinions. And the ones of a few others too.

I'm more interested now in finding out why is this still a topic since at least to me things are clear - vox populis, vox dei...it won't affect anyone already here (most probably) and I don't understand the sudden support for EU. There were a few supportive voices before but now it looks like EU has gained more support once the membership is over or close to. I don't get it.
Sadly Britains exit from the EU will most likely go ahead. But a lot of people who originally supported the idea (of leaving) have come to realise that the information they were sold on and their original understanding of what advantages the EU brought to the UK was underestimated and far outweighed the negatives including the financial cost of it all. These truths have emerged during negotiations and have been reported, whatever the spin on them has been, the revelations are out.
The following 3 users would like to thank TobiasM for this useful post: