View Single Post
Old 08.08.2018, 18:11
Forum Legend

Groaned at 336 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 14,595 Times in 7,495 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I think you need to agree the big picture things first. Do we want a generous and free welfare and healthcare system? I think most people do, even those who criticize the details do approve the overall concept. Then as a second step we need to sit down and work out how to ensure we can keep that concept and make it better. That is the secondary discussion.
Hehe, you want something similar to Sweden, is it even culturally desirable? Will the British agree with so many and such a high taxation on property, income, goods, everything? Anyway, I don't think it's sustainable without a strong economy and collecting huge taxes from companies and population. How will that evolve in the absence of the deals with EU it's questionable but desirable, of course.

Quote:
View Post
I'm not actually convinced that what Macron is doing is leading anywhere. But let's wait and see and give him a chance. We live in exciting times.
Maybe it's not very visible from here, some of the French that voted for him approve of his actions and way of thinking. We always lived in exciting times, now it's just so much more visible and fast changing.

By the by, I don't agree with deceiving or backstabbing being a quality. Not even for the politicians. I think the truth catches up with you sooner or later.