View Single Post
Old 08.08.2018, 21:41
Forum Legend

Groaned at 336 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 14,571 Times in 7,486 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
Because they are thoughtlessly crashing out of trade deals with no back up plan?
Hehe, anyway I discovered amogles was much more on the left side of the political spectrum than I thought. I am not sure where other views fit in all this story tbh, but I am still fascinated by his optimism. If this is the spirit of the brexiteers maybe everything will turn all right. I remember there were some fake data thrown by UKIP re. NHS, it was a sensitive issue back then and I see this is a recurrent theme.

To me the campaign seemed something to remember and to be studied later on in schools of political science, exactly like Trump's campaign. I am not so sure we live in exciting times, rather very uncertain times. Nobody is sheltered these days. On the one hand is that realisation, on the other one is the strange feeling that despite everything EU will find some resources to survive. Interesting times after all.