View Single Post
Old 08.08.2018, 23:34
Forum Legend

Groaned at 240 Times in 203 Posts
Thanked 23,030 Times in 9,778 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Hehe, anyway I discovered amogles was much more on the left side of the political spectrum than I thought. I am not sure where other views fit in all this story tbh, but I am still fascinated by his optimism. If this is the spirit of the brexiteers maybe everything will turn all right. I remember there were some fake data thrown by UKIP re. NHS, it was a sensitive issue back then and I see this is a recurrent theme.
First of all, I wouldn't say that what I said was a left wing perspective, but one of pragmatism and empiricism. If something works (sort of) don't smash it and replace it with something that just makes things worse. The NHS is a success by and large, especially if you don't focus on recent years but on its full history. This is why people are rightly proud of it. There are obviously things that need fixing but they can be fixed.

I think part of a conservative viewpoint is to be able to recognize things that work and not shoot them down because they were somebody else's idea or came out of somebody else's ideology.

I think it is more of a symptom of ideology-driven positions that Sandgrounder managed to put in a snarky comment, and then get a thank from Blueangel, although under other conditions it would be them who would be defending the NHS.

See how things work?

Yes, I know, I've probably opened a can of worms here.
This user would like to thank amogles for this useful post: