View Single Post
Old 21.08.2018, 17:57
Forum Legend

Groaned at 218 Times in 182 Posts
Thanked 15,264 Times in 7,847 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Thanks anti-vaxxers, you twats

Quote:
I wasn't quoting you directly, just making a point. But substitute chicken pox for measles, and then remember how unpleasant and entirely avoidable it was, and you should start to see the answer...

"Vaccinate for" is essentially US English, so choose your side and prepare to wage war!
Then don't put it in " ", please!

I could make an endless list of all the unpleasant things I went through in my childhood and I tell you, they were much worse than the measles. I learnt to just get through them. Looking back, it was a pretty good idea.

Quote:
View Post
This is the kind of selfishness that gets on my nerves.

Some of us cannot be vaccinated. Some of us depend on herd immunity to avoid horrible repercussions that come with awful diseases which have not been eradicated yet.

I trust the vaccines to work (within their limitations), BUT NOT EVERYONE CAN HAVE THEM.

It's not about you. It's about protecting your fellow human being.
Well, I'm not completely altruistic and don't even pretend to be. Guess you are. Or is that only when you're on the demanding side?
The following 3 users would like to thank curley for this useful post:
The following 3 users groan at curley for this post: