View Single Post
Old 21.08.2018, 22:21
Forum Legend

Groaned at 218 Times in 182 Posts
Thanked 15,264 Times in 7,847 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Thanks anti-vaxxers, you twats

Quote:
Ok, so for you, other things were far more unpleasant than measles. But if a kid dies from measles, a pregnant woman looses her fetus, or someone just ends up disabled, then measles are bad for those people. So a good idea for you doesnít apply to others in different risk situations.

Iím old enough to have had all the childhood diseases - measles, mumps, chicken pox, rubella - before vaccines were available. And sure, none of them were that bad. But I grew up in a nice middle class home with good sanitation, a strong immune system and chicken soup.

Not everyone was so lucky.
Are you presuming I tell anybody not to get vaccinated? Not at all, I thought it was very clear that what I'm saying, the same I'm actually always saying, is that each needs to make their own decision about this. A personal one. Not avoiding vaccination for some crazy end-of-world reasons or what ever is out there (I don't study that stuff) and not get vaccinated because someone says you have to protect your fellow human beings.

How do the pregnant woman say? My body is mine. Goes not only for woman and not only for pregnant ones.
The following 2 users would like to thank curley for this useful post:
This user groans at curley for this post: