View Single Post
Old 21.08.2018, 22:58
Forum Legend

Groaned at 122 Times in 106 Posts
Thanked 11,001 Times in 4,829 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Thanks anti-vaxxers, you twats

Quote:
Iím old enough to have had all the childhood diseases - measles, mumps, chicken pox, rubella - before vaccines were available. And sure, none of them were that bad. But I grew up in a nice middle class home with good sanitation, a strong immune system and chicken soup.

Not everyone was so lucky.
Too true.

120yrs ago, the death rate amongst the under 5's was horrendous. Whilst doing a bit of reseach a couple of months ago, I found one couple in my family tree who lost 4 kids under 4yrs old, and their last child died when she was 7, all from diseases that are now easily curable, or that we have vaccinations against. The particular street they lived in (which is still standing) had good sanitation and an individual outside toilet. This leads me to believe that they must have contracted the diseases from other people / children.

My primary issue with anti-vaxxers is that, whilst they have made a personal decision, they do absolutely nothing to protect or warn the population at large that they could be incubating a disease that, whilst it would make them ill for a few weeks, could be fatal to people that they come in contact with 'in passing', such as people undergoing chemo. Does any anti-vaxxer think to cross the street if they see a pregnant woman, or someone who is clearly ill?
This user would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post: