View Single Post
Old 23.08.2018, 23:25

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
alemap has earned some respectalemap has earned some respect
Re: Salt 4g or Swisscom for home internet?

I originally got Salt Das Abo mobile phone deal for my daughter. they had an offer on. half price or something crazy, when it was already competitive. All fine, never had to call support, so no experience of it yet.

Since then I keep seeing the Salt deals, for everything, which are amazing.

Their mobile wifi (Salt 4g unlimited surfing card + huawei e5770 router) was ona special deal for existing customer. CHF!). Yes ten francs, yes unlimited! ( I even called to double check as it looked TOO GOOD) speed up to 150mbps. In reality more like 70-100. allows 10 wifi connections and one with LAN cable

But we stream netflix in HD without problems. none. downloaded 100GB of data on one month. but realistically for a home, its useful for no more than 4 people, due to maximum 11 connections (unless you add another router):
1. TV
2. sonos streaming speaker (or other brands like google, apple etc)
3-6. 1 phone per person
7-11. 1 laptop or tablet per person.

... unless you get people to disconnect a device form wifi so you can add yours...or add a router (not sure if it works)

as for testing, I think the strength of reception on a Salt SIM is going to be more important than speed tested (although both count).

plus its mobile Wi-FI (MIFi) meaning you van take it everywhere travelling in CH, and the battery life (stated) is 20 hrs.

If your reception is good, its a very cheap good solution. and ideal for holiday homes where you wouldn't want the hassle of turning up for a line/cable connection.