View Single Post
Old 24.08.2018, 17:35
Forum Legend

Groaned at 486 Times in 405 Posts
Thanked 14,715 Times in 5,780 Posts
bigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
There is one point I'll never grasp.
In the period before the vote I would attentively follow the large amount of information in the media regarding Brexit. In Switzerland, Italy, France and Germany there were experts of all kinds explaining the details and consequences. Then I'd travel to the UK and find that there was hardly nothing explained on TV or in the press, or at least not the same amount of expert insight as found in Europe.
But why?
because the remain camp didn't think the general public was that stupid - big mistake

And the leave camp lied through their teeth - and the general public somehow believed that the nhs would get an extra 350m a week if we left, and all those filthy immigrants would all be deported and everything bad in the uk as all the fault of the EU.

the 'promises' the leave campaign made where bordering on criminal

I guess the fact most of the remain politicians are / where some of the most hated didn't help either.
The following 2 users would like to thank bigblue2 for this useful post: