View Single Post
Old 27.08.2018, 14:22

Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
Yet you still think there's nothing wrong with proceeding with such a seismic change to the UK, even though the information fed to the population was basically a pack of lies (yes, I agree it was both sides).

It's fairly clear you come down on the Leave side so if the result had been as close as it was but in favour of Remain, and given that you also admit there was misinformation and lies in bucketloads during the campaign, would you have rolled over and accepted the result?

Even Farage was crowing before the vote that if the result was Remain but very close, he wouldn't accept it.
I don't think I would have been shouting for another referendum if Remain had won, rather I think I'd have seen it more as an opportunity missed. There's two reasons for this:
  • The lies told by both sides would not have been visible as the status quo would have been kept.
  • I subscribe to the Swiss view on referendums that once you have discussed a topic and voted on it, you move on.