View Single Post
Old 18.09.2018, 11:04
la mod

Groaned at 103 Times in 81 Posts
Thanked 15,212 Times in 4,904 Posts
Castro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Jaguar Land Rover workers on 3-day week because of Brexit and the diesel slump

Source

Probably more to do with diesel than Brexit?
What irritated me was the attack on JLR CEO Ralf Speth by some Brexiteers, in particular Bernard Jenkin.

Quote:
A leading Conservative Brexiter has accused the head of Jaguar Land Rover of inventing dire consequences for his company of a no-deal Brexit, saying people no longer believed the “scaremongers” in the debate.

Bernard Jenkin, the MP for Harwich and North Essex and a member of the European Research Group (ERG) collection of hard-Brexit-backing Tories, said Ralf Speth, the chief executive of Britain biggest car manufacturer, should not be worried about border delays after Brexit.

Speaking last week at an event also addressed by Theresa May, Speth said in the event of a no-deal Brexit, the company’s factories could grind to a halt and “tens of thousands” of jobs could be lost in the sector.

He said the company was committed to the UK but warned a hard Brexit would cost it 1.2bn a year, wiping out profits: “What decisions will we be forced to make if Brexit means not merely that costs go up, but that we cannot physically build cars on time and on budget in the UK?”

Asked about the comments on BBC Radio 4’s Today programme, Jenkin said: “I’m afraid I think he’s making it up. We’ve had figures made up all the time by the scaremongers in this debate, and I’m afraid nobody believes them.”
Source
Apparently highlighting evidence based consequences is unpatriotic and he's a German anyway