View Single Post
Old 25.09.2018, 17:01

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pretorian has no particular reputation at present
Re: UK qualified doctor working in switzerland

Dear Capetownian

Hi. My name is Craig, but for the sake of simplicity I could be called Pretorian (or Benonian) if you prefered.

I read your recent post(22/5/2018) on englishforum.ch regarding working in switzerland, and to put it bluntly, you may be a godsend and I hope you are able to help.

Much like you I'm sure, I have a long story...

I am a South African, living in Basel, currently on a B-permit, studied medicine at Tuks MBChB(UP) 2000-2006, and have a DA(SA) 2011. I got married and moved here in july, and have been trying to find info on what i need to do to get to the point that i can work here. I've emailed mebeko and I've emailed BAG, and get generic cut and paste responses...
...however while in Basel in the beginning of the year (jan-mar2018) i sent out a couple CV's and got a response from the HOD at one of the universities. Was told i could have a "supervised post" from jan2019 if my registration is done. Hence I moved and started learning german. Afrikaans is my twede taal.

Ive been trying to find info as to what else 'might' be required, and have already gotten my transcripts from TUKS via MIE, my full academic record from TUKS, the guidelines for the DA and origional DA certificate from CMSA, and my origional certificates and my registration from HPCSA, my Certificate of good standing from HPCSA, police clearances, unabridged birth certificate, unabridged marriage certificate, etc..etc...etc... And as far as i can tell all im waiting on is a B2 german that im currently trying to work on now... but...
... I dont want to spend the next 3 months ramming german down my throat to have them say at the end that i am missing things and "shouldve gotten X,Y or Z already..."

Any info would be most helpful, infact... All info is helpful and i look forward to your response.