View Single Post
Old 28.09.2018, 11:03

Groaned at 27 Times in 19 Posts
xandeo has earned the respect of manyxandeo has earned the respect of manyxandeo has earned the respect of many
Re: Are you happy living in Zurich?

I lived in Seoul (24 million people in the metropolitan area, mind you) before moving to Stockholm in fall 2009.

Two weeks after arriving, I was fed up with the Swedes and set myself a target: OK, I'll stay here for the career but for a maximum of 3 years. I have never met more swallow, boring and back-stabbing people in my life, both privately and professionally. And yes, I have spent a considerable amount of time in NYC, London and Madrid as well.

I moved to Zurich in January 2012, exactly 2 years and 4 months after landing in Stockholm. I was so fed up with Sthlm and the locals that I basically left without looking back. Never again.

One week after arriving in ZRH, I decided this was it - I'm staying here forever.

Nowadays I have a Swiss wife and a kid, and we're building our future home.

Please don't come here unless you're not interested in leaving your attitude at home and trying to appreciate Zurich, the country or the people of Switzerland (foreigners and locals) for what it is/they are. We don't need people you, and you don't need us.

Remember: life is what you make of it, and not what others make of it for you.
The following 9 users would like to thank xandeo for this useful post: