View Single Post
Old 29.09.2018, 13:07
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 7 Times in 1 Post
PaoloFeser has become a little unpopularPaoloFeser has become a little unpopular
Re: Are you happy living in Zurich?

I was born in Switzerland but lived in England almost my whole life. My parents moved back to Switzerland when I was 11 but I quickly decided I wanted to go to a boarding school in England because I absolutely hated it in Switzerland. When I learnt that after school I had to go back to Switzerland to do my national service I was absolutely dreading it because I already knew how Switzerland was and how I felt like such a foreigner here (ironic since I'm actually Swiss). I've lived in Zurich for 4 months now and I have to say it has been by far the most difficult summer of my life. My time in the Army I would cry almost every day (I'm not a person who cries very often either), not because it was the Army, but because I didn't feel like I belonged anywhere when I was there (Payerne). About 2 months ago I switched to do civil service, and although I'm not happy here, I'm feeling a bit better. I have lost hope that I will ever be happy as long as I'm in Switzerland, but I know this is only for a year and that I just have to pull through. I'm not trying to bash Switzerland, it's just that life and the people here are so different than to England. I'm grateful that I'm in Zurich and not in any other place in Switzerland, its a city where there are plenty of English people, but it's just not the same.
The following 2 users would like to thank PaoloFeser for this useful post: