View Single Post
Old 01.10.2018, 17:38
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 67 Times in 46 Posts
Thanked 1,865 Times in 953 Posts
bowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UK passport holders after brexit

Quote:
View Post
Really? I'm under the impression that a new bi-lateral agreement will be drawn up and things will stay roughly the same as they are now
Should the EU/UK reach an agreement on movement of people then a bilateral will be necessary to extend that to Switzerland, it won’t automatically apply here. But HMG has already said that EU nationals will not have precedence over other nationals. Why would they seek preference for the Swiss over all other nationalities.

I see little benefit for the Swiss in such an arrangement. There are many more brits here than there are Swiss in the UK. And I can’t see the UDC agreeing to this easily.

The Brits have many other issues they would deal with first, so any agreement would take years to make in any case.

Hard or soft Brexit the UK’s existing agreements with CH become null and void on 31 March, exactly 180 days from now.
This user would like to thank bowlie for this useful post: