View Single Post
Old 04.10.2018, 12:08
Forum Legend

Groaned at 35 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 10,627 Times in 3,198 Posts
MathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If you buy books, will you wait some time to see a discount on a book of interest

1) Yes, not so often these days as small children don't leave me much time for reading.

2) No, absolutely not. If it's something quite expensive (textbooks, standard reference works) I might shop around to find the best price, including looking at secondhand options - but once I do I'm pretty much always going to order it right away. It's a lot smaller purchase than a hotel room or airline ticket and I don't have the impression (though perhaps I'm wrong?) that prices are all that volatile from day to day... so no, I won't wait a week on the off chance of saving 3 francs. While money's that tight I'll save by not buying the book at all, got a few hundred others here I haven't read yet (one of the luxuries of marriage - eight years on and we're still working our way through each other's libraries )

The following 5 users would like to thank MathNut for this useful post: