View Single Post
Old 04.10.2018, 20:31
Forum Legend

Groaned at 200 Times in 166 Posts
Thanked 13,767 Times in 7,146 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bail de 5 ans terme fixe

Quote:
View Post
It is more about the implications if they wanted to leave the apt. if for example my son in law lost his job and couldn't find another one so had to leave the country. They have been told different answers so wanted to clarify.

Thank you Curley for the link - I shall run it through translate
Ooops, sorry, I thought you speak the language but didn't understand the theory.

Quote:
View Post
Yes, but is it something that a new tenant would avoid doing, if for instance there was say 3 years left ? Do people tend to just want 1 year tenancies and avoid longer ones?
Well, that is a bit like asking would someone like strawberries ....
Someone worried to lose his home easily would like it, young people often don't like this kind of commitment, when we look at the thread the other person posted today about having to leave before his 4-month contract ended we could say foreigners who like changing carreer wouldn't like it either.

And while I usually move into flats planning it to be an interim solution and then stay 10 years and longer ... I wouldn't like it either (but I just don't like ties )

You say your daughter's husband had to leave the country? I take it she's not Swiss either then? She might want to follow him somewhere, should he find a groovy job abroad?

It will depend whom you ask. I just realized: You get a clear no from me.

Oh and you know normally you don't get one-year-tenancy. Normal here is simply open ended with the possibility of quitting 3 times a year at least.