View Single Post
Old 06.10.2018, 14:05
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 71 Times in 50 Posts
Thanked 3,008 Times in 1,036 Posts
Pachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Brexit too hot a subject for discussion now ?

Quote:
View Post
I find it totally hypocritical. It's this "I want the cake and eat it too" attitude and indicates, that a direct democracy like here would most likely not be a healthy thing for GB.
I havenít applied for one but Iím eligible for an Irish passport so Iíll probably pick one up. I also voted Leave in the referendum and would do so again, with redoubled enthusiasm. There's nothing hypocritical about collecting another passport. Firstly, Iím entitled to it and there might just be some advantage to be had e.g. using a slightly shorter queue to leave an airport. But by far the best reason is that my Remain friends will go utterly ballistic with indignation.

Iíll have to pick my moment ó perhaps in the middle of another heated discussion on the pros and cons of EU membership. "I donít care any more if Brits wonít get preferential treatment applying for jobs in the EU," Iíll say. Theyíll ask why not. Iíll reach into my inside pocket, pull out my Irish passport and give it a triumphant little twirl. Their faces!
The following 3 users would like to thank Pachyderm for this useful post:
The following 2 users groan at Pachyderm for this post: