View Single Post
Old 06.10.2018, 21:38
Forum Legend

Groaned at 66 Times in 45 Posts
Thanked 3,688 Times in 2,008 Posts
rainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

There's always a reason.

Characterizing somebody as "dumb" because (s)he voted for a particular side is something...very German, I have to say.

Typically, it falls back to the politicians because they clearly failed to educate the voters correctly.

At least in Switzerland, politicians know they eventually have to answer to the people in a referendum. So they can't just "muddle through", as it often is believed elsewhere until it's too late.

I can see why the UK would want to pull out of the EU. But I still believe it's not a really clever thing to do - and the way it was executed...that, too, could have been handled better.

Also, the UK isn't Iceland that can live on its own with a bit of fishing and tourism (and get most of its energy from geothermal sources).
The following 2 users would like to thank rainer_d for this useful post: