View Single Post
Old 07.10.2018, 01:10
Forum Legend

Groaned at 105 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 10,610 Times in 4,679 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
I also voted in good conscience, regardless of the fact that a loss of rights would be inevitable - including even a possible future expulsion from Switzerland.
I can't help but see voting for a future loss of rights, particularly in your position, as counterintuitive and self-deprecating. Brand new 5yr residence permit in hand, I'll see what happens.

Quote:
The continual characterisation of Leave voters as cynical or selfish is unhelpful and counterproductive.
...and...
Quote:
View Post
Characterizing somebody as "dumb" because (s)he voted for a particular side is something...very German, I have to say.
...are both 'go to' stances made repeatedly in the right wing media to reinforce the righteous indignation of leave voters. In all my life, I've never encountered such a bunch of sore winners! It truly beggars belief.