View Single Post
Old 11.10.2018, 15:37
Forum Legend

Groaned at 97 Times in 78 Posts
Thanked 12,606 Times in 5,112 Posts
doropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Internationa bank transfer - money "lost" or "blocked"

Quote:
View Post
@OP: Are you some sort of a legal advisor?
Asking just out of curiosity, as I see a couple of threads starting with "person A and person B"
Oh, would that I were! Then I might have a string of nice law degrees behind me, and wouldn't need so much input from here, nor be so glad of the many contrasting opinions, and of the posts, for example by aSwissInTheUS, Mullhollander and Urs Max, (and many others) who post the links to the actual laws and rules relevant to a situation.

The "Person A and Person B" format is because I believe in protecting the privacy of the people I know, whose questions I am asking. We've had other threads on this forum (and on others) which, in my opinion, have gone way too far in revealing intimate details about persons who could be traced. Some posters do that about their own lives, some do it about the private lives of other people, mostly simply from not having thought through the significance and longevity of publicly viewable online information. My "Persons" are deliberately anonymised such that no-one could identify (and hurt) those individuals about whose situations I'm enquiring. In addition, I find that this approach helps me to formulate my questions more clearly than they might otherwise have been.
This user would like to thank doropfiz for this useful post: