View Single Post
Old 19.10.2018, 14:41
tantei tantei is offline
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: NEuchatel
Posts: 5
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
tantei has no particular reputation at present
Re: Canton/permit change while dependent wife already working

Thanks for your reply Medea. She works in Fribourg, so it's not going to be easy for her to travel. Her workplace will look into this situation.

View Post
Welcome to the forum.

Where is your wife working? Because it might be a long commute if it's in Neuchatel.

Yes your wife gets the same permit as you so I think her employer would need to check with the cantonal migration office whether they would be able to keep her on. L dependent permit holders don't have the right to work, the employer has to meet certain labour and market conditions. She must also have a university degree. From the Foreign Nationals Act:

"Family members of a holder of a short-term residence permit (Article 26 OASA) do not enjoy the right to exercise a lucrative activity. The exercise of a lucrative activity is subject to authorization. Upon admission, a request from the employer respecting the remuneration and working conditions in use in the locality and branch must have been submitted. In addition, members of the family of a holder of a short-stay permit (Article 26 OASA) must have professional qualifications (personal qualifications, Article 23 LEtr)."

Since she's already working her employer needs to check whether a change in permit would bring that into force or not.
Reply With Quote