View Single Post
Old 23.10.2018, 17:37
Forum Legend

Groaned at 429 Times in 320 Posts
Thanked 20,864 Times in 11,049 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
You didn't seem to be shedding any tears over your property gaining in value, earlier in the thread.

Ironically I agree with you but it only adds weight to the fact that people thrive on mostly luck when it comes to wealth.

You can have all the knowledge of an area and its potential but if you aren't lucky enough to snap up a property it's worth exactly zero.
I sold it for 94,950, I only said what it's value was today according to mouseprice

Not snapping up UK property would be my tip, it should be 50% lower than it is today based on salaries, probably lower than that. Tax changes for BTL will fully bite in 2022 when many highly geared landlords will go bankrupt.

It's actually impossible to price out the next generation for any length of time, as at some point property will be sold at the price they can pay afford to pay.