View Single Post
Old 24.10.2018, 00:10

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
brunobriner has no particular reputation at present
Contract Termination & Replacement Tenant, Should I advertise my contract conditions?

I am buying a flat and I need to leave before my next term of rent contract finishes, therefore I need to find a replacement tenant.

I have been living in the same place for the last 8 years and never asked for a reduction due to a lower mortgage rate . My contract is with a 3% Mortgage rate and online calculations indicate a possible good reduction in my current rent if I stayed for the next term.

The problem is that the rent I pay is high compared to what you can find nearby. The apartment is not new anymore (it was when we moved in) and rents in general have decreased due to more offers. Just to have an idea, a similar apartment in the same building was recently rented only after the landlord gave a reduction of 200 CHF/month compared to the previous tenant!

In order to improve the attractiveness of my flat, can I advertise my contract conditions openly in the advertisement?

Or better, can I ask for the reduction to the landlord and use the calculated reduced rent value in the advertisement?