View Single Post
Old 24.10.2018, 09:01
Forum Legend

Groaned at 339 Times in 277 Posts
Thanked 15,164 Times in 7,784 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
For those still with questions about sovereignty, imagine having to have the EU sign off on your national budget.

I know the UK isn't in the Eurozone, however when you read the treaties, it is a stated aim of the EU to have further financial union.

EU rejects debt-hit Italy's budget
Then again, once more you picked up the wrong example. From a country driven by inflation, with an Italian lira that was the laugh of the entire stock, probably only Burkina Faso national currency paired the inflation and devaluation this currency has constantly been through, from the dip shit they were in the '60 and '70s and '80s due to corruption and mafia state.....to where Italy is today? And EU didn't play a ing role into this? Wow. Ignoring the evidence, your honour.

Just to make things clear. I don't think UK needs EU. Neither economically, nor culturally. But the South of Europe developed a lot in the past decades due to EU and to say EU is their enemy now? EU didn't invest in each country, not everyone has benefited the same way and I give credit to those countries which were more dilapidated than before and ripped off of their resources instead of being given opportunities, but Italy? For God's sake, please, stop with picking up these kind of examples.
This user would like to thank greenmount for this useful post: