View Single Post
Old 03.11.2018, 17:03
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 3,435 Times in 959 Posts
HIAO has a reputation beyond reputeHIAO has a reputation beyond reputeHIAO has a reputation beyond reputeHIAO has a reputation beyond reputeHIAO has a reputation beyond reputeHIAO has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Transfer of Pension to UK SIPP for non-resident

Quote:
View Post
I spoke to them 2 weeks ago and was definitively told it was a non-starter for Swiss residents, are you saying this has now changed?
I first wrote to them through their general contact us on the HL website.

The reply I got back was yes, go ahead if you're resident in an EU or EEA country. I replied back, reminding that Switzerland was not in either and below is a copy paste of the reply I got.

"We have recently changed our stance on residents of Switzerland, which you quite rightly point out is neither in the EU or EEA. Previously you would not have been able to organise an account be opened however earlier this month we have revaluated these rules and can now allow residents of Switzerland, the Isle of Man and Gibraltar to open accounts on our platform."

I'll have to download, print and post the application form.

Let me know if you want me to PM you the contact details for the pension consultant from HL who responded.
The following 2 users would like to thank HIAO for this useful post: