View Single Post
Old 06.11.2018, 15:44
Forum Legend

Groaned at 349 Times in 285 Posts
Thanked 16,166 Times in 8,224 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
I don't know about that. I have worked for multinational companies my whole life, and in 2009 my employer sent me to the US on an H1-B visa (for professional-level jobs that require a minimum of a bachelor's degree in a specific academic field), with a 3-year contract. My employer had some kind of blanket visa allowance, which expired within a few months of my entry, which is why my H1-B had a duration of around 5 months, after which it would have be renewed. But guess what? They didn't accept my renewal. Employer negotiations and 2 or 3 lawyers later they switched me to an L-visa (for international transferees who will be coming to the United States to work in an executive or managerial or specialized knowledge capacity). The whole ordeal took 6 months, my family and I had to LEAVE the US to get the renewal stamped in my passport, and must have cost my employer thousands of dollars.

So in my humble personal experience I wouldn't qualify it as easy by any standards. And that was WAY before Trump.
Thank you for sharing your personal situation, caleb. There was someone here who said that the USA's immigration system needs an urgent reform, I couldn't agree more with that.
This user would like to thank greenmount for this useful post: