View Single Post
Old 06.11.2018, 17:30
Forum Legend

Groaned at 290 Times in 239 Posts
Thanked 15,631 Times in 8,701 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
But Switzerland is not UK - totally different system of Government- Parliamentary Democracy where Referendums are a) not the norm b) advisory only. We can argue about changing the system - but this is not the way to do it. And what happened with Brexit is perhaps the strongest possible case about Direct Democracy and Referendums ...

There are many well-defined reasons- how many times do we have to list them

1. proven fraud
2. tiny majority
3. lies, massive ones, as big as a bus
4. no information given as to what it meant, eg consequences
5. no information at all about the form it would take, and even the Governement totally divided- so people could NOT vote in informed manner

for a start.
1) Proven by whom? I did not realise a court had ruled.
2) More than a million people is no tiny majority
People are not as stupid as you believe.
Quote:
View Post
Matter of interest I assume all your investments are denominated in Sterling so you will profit from the no deal Brexit?
I have zero fixed expenditure in GBP, so the value of my assets in GBP is irrelevant, same for CHF. My expenses are mainly Euro although the majority of my assets are ultimately listed in the USA which is normal for am international investor.
This user would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: