View Single Post
Old 09.11.2018, 16:06
Forum Legend

Groaned at 200 Times in 166 Posts
Thanked 13,934 Times in 7,224 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Size of the apartment - family reunion permit refused

Quote:
View Post
Here just to update to all the final result, even it was already long time ago - I did write an appeal to the immigration office, but they still insisted their decision that I need a bigger apartment to approve my family visa. As a result I also had to pay almost 500CHF for this failed appeal.

Then at the end, we found a bigger apartment with 4.5 rooms. So learning is that follow the immigration office rules, if not confident enough, then do not make an appeal, or else you have to pay a lot.
Thanks for reporting back!

You're right, an appeal in such a situation makes no sense and only costs money. After all they openly told you what's lacking for an "okay", gave you the chance to change it and the lack was based on the country's (in this case Switzerland) general rules (could be looked up anywhere). The chances that a country changes it's laws due to an appeal of someone who for some reason would like to live more uncomfortable are - zero, I suspect.

Now that the family is here, I guess you could move to a smaller flat again, provided a landlord gives you one (as the landlord has to follow the same rules).
When a friend with four kids moved from a small place to a house, the kids didn't want their own rooms and slept in the same one for months! The parents were pretty startled.
AfaIk they enjoy their own spaces now though, as they got older.

Hope your family likes it here. Good luck to you all.