View Single Post
Old 11.11.2018, 12:46
Forum Legend

Groaned at 421 Times in 313 Posts
Thanked 19,853 Times in 10,629 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
This chicken is not listed on their web site here.
I am seeing 2.75 online, rather than the 3.00 I claimed, thank you for pointing out I was overestimating the cost. Add peas & potatoes then your meal will cost under 1.00 a head including electricity. Of course convenience food also needs electricity to be warmed up.

Quote:
You've also got to have the money to be able to afford to cook the chicken. And buy stuff to go with the chicken. Some folk can't run the iron if they also want to boil a kettle: it simply costs too much. And yesI know neither of them cook a chicken.

If you have the money, if you and your partner are both working minimum wage shifts, you may just not have the time.

I'm sorry, you may know numbers and finance and stuff, but your finger is not on the pulse of the UK's economically deprived. Not a Scooby.

Back to Brexit... I hate to agree even in part with anyone sharing Boris genes but...
Cooking in an oven will cost about 30p, cooking in a microwave about 3p or an additional 1%. The issue is people got lazy & can AFFORD processed & fast food.
Attached Thumbnails
brexit-referendum-thread-potential-consequences-gb-eu-brits-ch-screenshot-2018-11-11-11.51.18.png  

Last edited by fatmanfilms; 11.11.2018 at 13:29.