View Single Post
Old 11.11.2018, 23:04
Forum Legend

Groaned at 105 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 10,610 Times in 4,679 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
My point with Sandgrounder is how are you supposed to repair the divide and move on if you keep rubbing into people’s faces? You should be happy for examples like this as it shows, on a very small scale that you’ve won the argument. Someone who voted leave now wants a second vote, isn’t that a victory?
No.

When the stakes are so damned high, there's no glory at all in being able to say "I told you so." None whatsoever. If anything, it's depressing.

I didn't lose any friends over Brexit, but I lost one over Corbyn. I hate seeing people I genuinely care for so disheartened by a person or process that they put so much faith in.

Quote:
A second vote is pointless ...
We'll have to disagree there.

Quote:
- he was chosen to do the "dirty job" of getting GB out of EU and if you payed attention, he never pretended anything else but to do that.
He's been on the political scene for 25yrs, and I've paid attention throughout. For the majority of that time, he was on the fringes of politics, derided by many. It wasn't until there was a widening schism within the Conservative party that he gained traction. The only 'qualties' I see in him are that he's a dirty, nasty, lying, little nugget racist with a particular distaste for Eastern Europeans, and I'm being ridiculously polite there.