View Single Post
Old 12.11.2018, 23:36
Forum Legend

Groaned at 109 Times in 98 Posts
Thanked 10,634 Times in 4,689 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vinyl records - where can I sell my collection?

Quote:
You got me. although Joy devision and PIL don´t ring a bell.
Sorry slammer, I'm just gobsmacked.

Quote:
View Post
I think that the attempt to sell on Ricardo was unsuccessful since there is probably less demand in CH for music such as punk and Gothic, which have their roots in UK.
There's a couple of problems here.

I've owned about 60% of those albums and gave them away to a friend a few years ago. They're considered post-punk, not punk or goth in the UK. The majority of them were huge underground successes, so they're hardly rare. If you had a 12" single of Love Will Tear Us Apart from the first batch pressing, that might be worth a bob or two because many of that batch were warped in storage. I bought and changed that 12" single 7 times during the week it was released, and they were all warped.

Good luck, but don't hold your breathe for a big return. Alternatively, you could always send your list over to Blutt Records on Limmatstrasse in Zurich to see if they'd be interested in any of them. http://www.bluttrecords.ch/
This user would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post: