View Single Post
Old 13.11.2018, 11:27
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 13 Times in 13 Posts
Thanked 4,136 Times in 1,371 Posts
Helm has a reputation beyond reputeHelm has a reputation beyond reputeHelm has a reputation beyond reputeHelm has a reputation beyond reputeHelm has a reputation beyond reputeHelm has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vinyl records - where can I sell my collection?

Reading this thread is making the angry teenager inside me wanna explode.

So, aladin, even I, a big fan of most of those apparently "unknown" bands, find the price way too high. Yes, these are originals and all, but even for a collector the price is too high, specially if you want to sell in a set. You might get a higher price for some individual albums, but usually one expects a discount when buying a whole set.

Remember these are relatively "new" bands in terms of vinyl. Most of these guys are alive and still producing music *checks google* yes, they seem to still be alive. Without trying to sound macabre, sometimes the price goes up once they die. So you might want to wait a bit?

I have most of these albums in mp3. Their fans are the bridge generation between the dinosaurs and the digital era, so I do have the feeling you are stuck with a fan base that might give less value to the vinyl collection. That doesn't mean you need to give up, you just need to wait because your target costumer is less common.

Oh crap, this thread made me feel like an old goth fart.

Fighting for Pluto's liberation from the Dwarf League since 2006 @(°.°)=@)x.X)' ' '
The following 4 users would like to thank Helm for this useful post: