View Single Post
Old 15.11.2018, 23:37
Forum Legend

Groaned at 434 Times in 375 Posts
Thanked 18,115 Times in 9,642 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Well my take on today's events is this - that no matter whether your a Remainer or a Leaver -
the one thing that's glaringly obvious are that the Politicians who are 'not getting on with it !!'
( namely Brexit ) are the arch Brexiteers and their sympathisers.
Or to phrase it differently the Brexiteers were against the EU and so far against any announced version of a Brexit deal. The worst offender in my eyes was Boris who as Foreign Secretary had the best opportunity to guide a new Brexit deal but never did anything to achieve that.
No Brexiteer wanted to create a Brexit deal because they well knew the Leave voters did not have an unified set of expectations so whatever solution was proposed there would be significant push back.
Consequently they chose to sit on the side lines and snipe at the people trying to create a deal.

Whatever you might say against May she did try to create a deal even though it was an impossible task.