View Single Post
Old 16.11.2018, 10:37

Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Two things from tonight's viewing, Claire Perry, Minister of State for Energy and Clean Growth, gave one of the most disgraceful performances I've seen on Question Time in recent years.

Secondly, Dan Snow summed up how I feel exceptionally well...
Did you hear Ken Clarke yesterday afternoon on BBC news channel? He was spot-on and lambasted the hard brexiteers, said the last thing we need is a Tory party leadership challenge.

Clarke's tweet this morning in the wee hours:

"I've been sat up in bed for hours, whisky on the bedside table, soft jazz playing in the background, trying to think if I've ever worked with a more idiotic bunch of self centred bastards in my nearly 50 years as a MP.

Nope, still can't think of any. Time for another bottle."

3:58 PM - 15 Nov 2018

Quote:
View Post
It takes a lot of courage to accept this mission knowing so well that whatever will go wrong it will be her "fault". A certain segment of British media has made a raison d'Ítre from bashing her mercilessly with all occasions. Quite an admirable woman regardless of our individual opinions about how she's handling the negotiation process.
May did amazingly yesterday, even if I don't agree with her. She will do alright re the media as she has the backing of the Daily Mail's new editor, Greig. Although, Osborne was gunning for her in the Evening Standard yesterday, I noticed.
The following 3 users would like to thank for this useful post: