View Single Post
Old 19.11.2018, 12:08
Forum Legend

Groaned at 105 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 10,610 Times in 4,679 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
How many of the British in here prefer May to stay and see this deal through, and how many would rather she were jobless by the end of the week?
May to stay for the time being because the possible alternatives are a supreme shower of shite. I'm an ardent Remainer and will not change my position. In fact, I can't recall any other opinion/belief I've had in my adult life that has been so unwaveringly clear cut and absolute.

There was a lot of grandstanding on the UK political programmes, most of which was of no real substance (May, Corbyn & Chakrabarti). The only interview worth watching was with Carolyn Fairbairn, director general of the CBI. It's exceptionally rare that I'd post a link to the DM, but the full interview is on their site.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...exit-plan.html

The essence of the interview is, the proposed deal is the beginning of progress and not the finished article, but at all costs, 'no deal' must be removed from the table. In all my years of negotiation, that's the most common sense approach to bargaining. It forces the working parameters to be between the proposed deal and remain.

Quote:
For example, The deal says that both sides intend to strike a “comprehensive air transport agreement”, allowing airlines to continue operating between Britain and the EU in a safe and commercially fair way.
Cannot be done, and for very good reason. Any air crash in Europe is subject to ECJ law. Anyway, the airline industry needed the final decisions and a new Openskies Treaty by September. Obviously, that didn't happen.
The following 2 users would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post: