View Single Post
Old 20.11.2018, 13:32

Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Nope, nothing to do with Cyprus, never been there.

I do not hate Britain particularly (a bit yes, for its colonial past and the role it played in Greek politics right after WW2), but being a staunch euro-federalist, I grew tired of the constant whining from Britain with respect to European Integration during my 20s, as well as the full support you guys gave to the Iraq war. Then came the financial crisis and you decided to let the Eurozone figure it out on its own, while you were feeling so vindicated for having kept your beloved pound. It became obvious over time that Britain had got the best possible deal out of the EU and this made you treat everybody else with arrogance.
So it would be lovely to see the British economy being ruined, not for the sake of it being ruined (which for example I would love to see in countries I really hate), but really what would make it lovely is the fact that it would be ruined exactly because it left the EU.
I'm sure the irony won't be lost on you that EU (specifically Eurozone) membership has decimated Greece's economy, and done far more lasting damage than anything the British did post WW2.
This user would like to thank for this useful post: