View Single Post
Old 26.11.2018, 10:28
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 113 Times in 71 Posts
EPMike has earned the respect of manyEPMike has earned the respect of manyEPMike has earned the respect of many
Re: Another fundsmith question

Same here. I guess I will now drip-feed into SSON via my IB account.

Quote:
View Post
I tried.
[I very much like the Investment Principles behind the Fund]

After some thought & investigation, I filled in a "paper application". Even though I am an existing Fundsmith Investor, the on-line application path seemed available only to UK Residents.Took some time to fill-in, with notary signed documents etc., and I did it early.

Sigh.
"We're unable to process your application as, under the terms and conditions of the offer, we cannot accept applications from investors resident in a restricted jurisdiction. For the purposes of this Offer, Switzerland is considered to be a restricted jurisdiction.

I was notified after the Closing Date (3-4 weeks after application).

On my further investigation I discovered (realised, penny dropped...): [Switzerland] EFTA member and signatory of the EEA agreement that has not been ratified

I live and (hopefully) learn!!

I realise I could always invest directly now after the Offer,
& my limited understanding is that by SSON extending the Offer (by almost 2.5 times to original, rather than limiting the original Investors), the "NAV premium" is going to lower than otherwise. I am very happy to be politely corrected!