View Single Post
Old 28.11.2018, 19:38
Forum Legend

Groaned at 336 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 14,585 Times in 7,490 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I think there has never been a time in the last 100 years or more that the youths didn't want something different to what the older generation were doing. It's how society works and its how change happens. Only the next generation will want something different again and everybody who lives long enough gets to see the problem from both sides. Of course it would be good if there was more dialogue and more concensus-seeking.

That was my point too. I've been studying, working and hanging out with people of all nationalities including British for many years and I can tell you there is a huge difference between certain generations. I can see it even here on EF.

Why shouldn't we always seek consensus when old theories really contradict the way we experiment and see life and society. This forum is many a time, to me at least, a "living proof" that people really live in parallel worlds. I think the new generations are less inclined to live in some concoction other people have made up for them. Brexit or no Brexit (and of course, it's preferable to give people what they voted for, no doubt about this one), the UK will have a different view in ten years, trust me. Of course, it's valid for many other places. Brexit is not the end the world.

Last edited by greenmount; 28.11.2018 at 19:59.