View Single Post
Old 01.12.2018, 07:30

Groaned at 17 Times in 10 Posts
robogobo is considered knowledgeablerobogobo is considered knowledgeablerobogobo is considered knowledgeable
Threatened by family member

Last night after an argument between me and my father in-law, my son heard my brother in-law vaguely threaten to harm me. Iíve personally heard him make similar threats before, even toward his own family. During a land dispute with his uncle several years ago he told me he was thinking of having him killed. I didnít think he was serious, but now Iím not so sure. He often refers to himself as ďthe boss of the familyĒ and heís a big fan of The Godfather films, no joke.

Iím wondering what my legal recourse is. I have no proof, so I suppose notifying the police is useless. My first thought was to tell a few friends what my son heard, and tell my brother in-law that Iíve informed a few people of his threat, and if anything were to happen to me, the police would come to him first. Is there anything legally wrong with my doing that?

Iím trying to not be paranoid here, but this person seriously has a screw loose and Iíd rather not end up dead.

Any advice is appreciated.

This user would like to thank robogobo for this useful post: