View Single Post
Old 04.12.2018, 16:43
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Dimpt has no particular reputation at present
Re: Check mobile for bug/wiretap?

Just some quick points, as I see lots of fun with this thread:
  • The phone is Android - Samsung (not the latest model though).
  • @rainer_d: Not "that" accountant (but that was a damn good movie! )
  • It's business phone, used in business environment only. I know who delivered the phone in the first place, who uses the phone (it's not me), the workplaces it's used in and I can speculate possible reasons why someone would go to such extremes.
  • But I do agree that an normal business wouldn't risk getting into trouble with the authorities, this is playing with fire and you're screwed if you get caught; but human nature has surprised me in the past, and since this suspicion was raised by the phone user, I like to be on the safe side with this.
  • The point is not just to dispose the phone (that could be done "yesterday"). It is wise to complete an investigation to confirm or not the suspicions; then if it's bugged, contact the authorities, if not, dispose the phone for good measure as aforementioned.
  • Apparently I have contacted our IT department too and they'll come back with an answer asap, but a local forum for local shops/companies turned out not to be a bad idea either (among the spam, there are 3-4 good posts - thank you @rainer_d, @yacek, @Squeeeez, @Curley and @Corbets).

That's all gents, i'll let you know of the outcome. In the meanwhile, here's something for the truly interested: The Big Hack: How China Used a Tiny Chip to Infiltrate U.S. Companies
This user would like to thank Dimpt for this useful post: