View Single Post
Old 06.12.2018, 14:43
Forum Legend

Groaned at 90 Times in 84 Posts
Thanked 9,577 Times in 4,332 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On Line Shopping Uk, delivery to CH

Quote:
View Post
Boden uses some crappy Swiss forwarding company which charges you a fortune for nothing.
George at Asda have a similar very expensive 3rd party company doing the deliveries, which bumped the cost up to Swiss prices, so I didn't place the order.

I've had deliveries from House of Fraser (2 days ) Debenhams (5 days), Monsoon (4 days) and Next (5 days). I was contemplating using them again for winter shoes and boots, but managed to buy 3 pairs in the sales on Monday for CHF 80- total at Dosenbach on Bahnhoffstrasse. That's a hell of a lot cheaper than I paid a year ago in the UK. Now if I could only find my favourite Asda bras in Zurich...

The biggest duty bill post delivery, was for 4 pairs of branded mens trousers from House Of Fraser, and even that was only CHF40-. That parcel's contents would have cost CHF 340- in Zurich, but I got them in the HoF sale for £60, so the saving covered the duty several times over.

Have you considered Zara?
The following 2 users would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post: