View Single Post
Old 07.12.2018, 09:29
Forum Legend

Groaned at 343 Times in 279 Posts
Thanked 15,383 Times in 7,897 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Forced to take a 25% paycut at the end of my probation period

Quote:
View Post
Hi, Im not quite sure what you mean?
I replied to this post. :-) They can't force you to take a pay cut if you didn't change positions e.g. you went from a software developer position to an assistant&secretary job or something. I doubt that there are companies that would risk doing this silly stuff - if they wanted to cut costs they'd simply fire you.

Quote:
View Post
In the company I work for (mid sized, 250 people), there were some rumors about a couple of people who were invited by the HR and given two pieces of paper, one of them being a new contract with a reduced salary (up to 30% in one case) and the other being a notice of termination. They were asked to choose which one they want to sign and sign it on the spot.

I was wondering, is this even legal? I am not talking about new hires, I am talking about people that have been working for the company for at least 1 year in one case and about 15 years in the second case.

Sure, maybe the 15 year guy was overpaid as he had signed his original contract 15 years ago when things were much better (and the company in a much better shape than today), but are the companies allowed to do something like that? This sounds like extortion...
This user would like to thank greenmount for this useful post: